Gifts from the Friends to the Newton Free Library
July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014 (As of May 15, 2014)
|Children’s Room Programs||$ 7,500|
|Book Cart Sales Reimbursement||$ 20,827|
|Teen Activities Programs||$ 3,000|
|Metrowest Friends donation||$ 75|
| Additional Estimated gifts:|
|General Gift||$ 30,000|
|June Book Sale||$ 6,000|
|Volunteer Appreciation||$ 465|
|Newsletter mailing||$ 3,500|
|Book Cart Sales Reimbursement||$ 1,700|
Friends Activities in FY2014
- The Friends three quarterly book sales brought in $22,290. The fourth quarterly book sale
in June is expected to bring in at least $6000. 25 volunteers staff the quarterly sales held
on weekends in June, September, December and March. They contributed 350 hours.
In addition, 13 volunteers work every week during the year, accepting donations at the
Auburndale branch, sorting the materials and pricing them for the sales. These volunteers
contributed over 1400 hours during the past year. These statistics are as of May 15, 2014.
- The Friends and the Trustees will honor the many library volunteers with a personalized
letter and gift.
- The Friends organized and hosted the 30th annual Book and Author Luncheon which
featured Qais Akbar Omar (The Fort of Nine Towers) and Robin Cook (Cell). Approximately
200 guests attended the event and the authors’ books were sold.
- The Friends lobby book carts, maintained by a volunteer staff, brought in $19,948 as of May
- Volunteers staff the Friends lobby gift cart. Pooh note cards brought in $322.
- The Friends bags were sold at circulation desks for $2.50 each and brought in $658.
- The Friends sponsored a Metrowest Friends meeting with a donation of $75.
- Members contributed $16,728 in dues, gifts, and matching gifts as of May 15, 2014.
- The Friends mailed the monthly Library newsletter to our membership.