Hours & Directions
|330 Homer Street|
Newton Centre, 02459
|* The Library is closed on Sundays in July and August.|
|Holiday closings are announced 1 week prior to their occurrence on all pages of the website.|
DIRECTIONS (Google Maps)
- FROM NORTH, SOUTH, WEST: Best route to Route 128. Proceed on Route 128 to Exit 24 (Route 30/ Commonwealth Avenue). At the end of the exit ramp, turn right onto Route 30 and go EAST towards Newton and Boston. Proceed on Route 30 for 3.1 miles and bear right at the traffic light onto Homer Street.
- FROM EAST: Take the Mass Pike or Commonwealth Avenue west towards Newton. Leave the Mass Pike at Exit 17 (Newton-Watertown). Stay in the middle lane at the end of the exit ramp and go straight ahead onto Washington Street. Continue on Washington Street for 1.3 miles to Walnut Street. Turn left onto Walnut Street and drive south for 1.1 miles to Homer Street. Turn right onto Homer Street and drive past the Library to the adjacent parking lot on the left.
- If you take Commonwealth Avenue, continue west from Boston or Brookline through Newton until you reach Walnut Street (about 2 miles into Newton). Turn left onto Walnut Street and drive one block to Homer Street. (You will see the library across the street at the corner of Homer and Walnut Streets). Turn right onto Homer Street and drive past the library to the adjacent parking lot on the left.
- Public transportation
- D Line (Green line to Riverside) - Newton Highlands station is about 1 mile from the library
- Framingham Commuter rail - Newtonville station is about 1 mile from the library
- Needham Commuter rail - Needham Heights station is about 4 miles from the library
- 59 Bus - Stops right on the corner of Homer Street and Walnut Street across from the Library. This bus connects Newtonville station on the Framingham/Worcester line and Needham Heights station on the Needham line.
- For a detailed schedule, please visit MBTA website
- Car parking is available in the library's adjacent parking lot
- Bicycle racks are available in front of the main entrance